It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:58 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:15 pm 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

I've been struggling on this thought all day today. To get or not to get.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/393080/Call_of_Duty_Modern_Warfare_Remastered/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:30 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I probably won't. Kind of over the whole COD thing personally. It does look fucking nice though!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:43 am 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

Same here, honestly. I'll probably get it whenever it goes on sale for a little trip down nostalgia lane, but I can't justify spending $40 on a shinier version of a game I already own and don't play.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:10 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Xfire ID: Doofus77
Steam ID: QFManiac
PSN ID: None
Xbox ID: None
Dave«Crimson» wrote:
I've been struggling on this thought all day today. To get or not to get.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/393080/Call_of_Duty_Modern_Warfare_Remastered/

I'm really sick of all the remasters and remakes.

And to charge $50 on top of it, fuck off. The reviews of game are really negative.

Instead of remastering it they should have released a bunch of new maps for the original version and boosted interest in multiplayer by reselling the original again at discounted prices and new key codes for those who may have lost it.

~QF~Chips wrote:
I probably won't. Kind of over the whole COD thing personally. It does look fucking nice though!

It's the bots and hacks that ruined FPS multiplayers.

It pissed people off so much that they stopped being interested in playing them.

I love playing the FPS multiplayers, but once a bot shows up I'm outta there. And its an endless battle between bot and hack creators and those trying to stop them.

Get ready to be triggered in your safe space bitch!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:27 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

For me, it really wasn't the bots or hacks. It was the over-the-top jumping, exoskeleton crap that threw me off. I wasn't a fan of the futuristic COD. The new COD has me interested, but not enough to likely buy the game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:30 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Xfire ID: Doofus77
Steam ID: QFManiac
PSN ID: None
Xbox ID: None
~QF~Chips wrote:
For me, it really wasn't the bots or hacks. It was the over-the-top jumping, exoskeleton crap that threw me off. I wasn't a fan of the futuristic COD. The new COD has me interested, but not enough to likely buy the game.

I don't mind the jumping because if someone is shooting at you in real life you are going to jump, duck, run, hide.

The no-jumping rules in servers are dumb because its like saying "hey I suck at aiming, can you stand still for me, I like shooting fish in a barrel with no challenge". Same with the no-camping rules. Dumb. Camping is good, it means you are easy to find and locate again.

I haven't played any new CODs since Black Ops which came out almost 8 years ago. So I dont know what has changed with that whole franchise.

Get ready to be triggered in your safe space bitch!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:13 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I'm about to pack up and head south to Texas for NASCAR race weekend. I will reply to these posts when I get back and have sobered up a bit. :cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:03 pm 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

The game has a 5 out of 10 rating. For $40 I'll pass.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:07 pm 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

It was on sale for $26...............I caved and bought it. So far, it's COD4........I'm waiting for the Shader cache to populate so that I can try out multiplayer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:43 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

=QF=Maniac wrote:
~QF~Chips wrote:

I don't mind the jumping because if someone is shooting at you in real life you are going to jump, duck, run, hide.

The no-jumping rules in servers are dumb because its like saying "hey I suck at aiming, can you stand still for me, I like shooting fish in a barrel with no challenge". Same with the no-camping rules. Dumb. Camping is good, it means you are easy to find and locate again.

I haven't played any new CODs since Black Ops which came out almost 8 years ago. So I dont know what has changed with that whole franchise.

If you haven't played COD since Black Ops, then you have missed out on the whole exoskeleton-jet pack jumping bullshit that they introduced. You could literally jump up onto rooftops and shit. It just lost me. I'm not much of a sci-fi guy. If it wasn't for good ole Mojo (that's an old name some of you will remember) introducing me to PR and modded maps back in the day, I probably never would have bought Halo. Just not my cup of tea.

However, the new COD looks pretty nice. Reminds me of how COD4 was. It just seems more simple.

Dave«Crimson» wrote:
It was on sale for $26...............I caved and bought it. So far, it's COD4........I'm waiting for the Shader cache to populate so that I can try out multiplayer.

So what you are saying is don't buy the fucking thing and just stick with the OG?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:31 pm 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

Most people will want to stick with the OG. I got it for the convenience of having it on steam and native XBox One controller support. You also get some cool bonus's like extra weapons and skins. To each their own.