It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:19 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Anyone sick of Windows
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:49 pm 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

Between the dirty tactics, ads, and forced upgrades, Windows sucks now. Just today I installed Windows 7 on a laptop designed for Windows 7, and before that a Vista era desktop with Windows 7, and Microshaft is now sending popups, AGAIN, through Windows Update saying that the hardware is not supported and I need to upgrade to Windows 10........ON HARDWARE DESIGNED FOR THE FUCKING OS.

I just wanted to get that out. Fuck Microsoft. I hope they fucking burn in Hell......and I wanted to get that out too. :fuckyou:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:55 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

LOL! Tell us how you really feel... :rofl1:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:34 pm 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

LOL! Yeah, I was furious. I'm still a little pissed about their bullshit, but whatever. There exists alternatives thankfully. Fun fact, MS Windows is no longer top dog, Android has a larger market share now. :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:00 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Xfire ID: Doofus77
Steam ID: QFManiac
PSN ID: None
Xbox ID: None
Yeah I have no idea why MS fucked up so bad with Windows 10. They totally ignored the suggestions from users when they asked for input with Win 8.

Unfortunately if you want shit to work properly you'll have to go with Windows 10 (if you need Windows) because they are dumping support and updates for older versions as a tactic to push users onto 10.

10 is just so slow and bloated. People complained about Vista .... I dunno, I love Vista compared to Win 10.

Get ready to be triggered in your safe space bitch!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:28 pm 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

My favorite Windows is and probably always will be Windows 7, with XP close behind. However, as you said, if you want shit to work, you need Windows. Which is why I've dedicated my gaming rig to Windows 10 and call it an over glorified XBOX.

I'm a Linux guy now, some things may not work right all the time or sometimes not at all, but no OS is perfect. I enjoy the control Linux distributions provide.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:35 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Xfire ID: Doofus77
Steam ID: QFManiac
PSN ID: None
Xbox ID: None
Dave«Crimson» wrote:
My favorite Windows is and probably always will be Windows 7, with XP close behind. However, as you said, if you want shit to work, you need Windows. Which is why I've dedicated my gaming rig to Windows 10 and call it an over glorified XBOX.

I'm a Linux guy now, some things may not work right all the time or sometimes not at all, but no OS is perfect. I enjoy the control Linux distributions provide.

Well I'm planning on running a few "virtual machines" with VMWare and have all of the older operating systems on the new machine. Windows 10 will be the main system and run the VMWare Workstation.

I've fiddled with Linux years ago (closer to decade ago) but a lot of things weren't supported back then. Things have changed and I'll definitely add a few Linux distros to the VMWare. I think Linux (the way its going) will be more mainstream in the near future. Atari's new comeback console will be running Linux, and if Atari repeats history they will be very influential to the public.

Get ready to be triggered in your safe space bitch!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:30 pm 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

I've only been messing around with Linux for about 5 years, and the changes I've seen in that short amount of time is vast. The biggest and best thing I've seen happen so far is something called Wayland. Ubuntu JUST started using that as their default display server, which is replacing Xorg, and is such an amazing leap forward for Linux. Xorg is over 30 years old, has had way too many patches and fixes to count, and should have been replaced 20 years ago.

Steam really made an impact on Linux, and continues to do so. Tons of programs are going open source and are cross-platform. Honestly, the ONLY thing Windows has over Linux these days is gaming, but I really don't see that being a problem in a few more years.

Retroarch is the BEST for emulating NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, and Gameboy games, and works beautifully on Linux. Maybe I'll make a thread about it to help get the ball rolling again around here.