Post subject: Re: 2016 .... and beyond
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:18 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Xfire ID: Doofus77
Steam ID: QFManiac
PSN ID: None
Xbox ID: None
I was planning a lot .... then fucking work got in the way.

I got super burnt out and annoyed, so I quit. I said fuck it, life is too short to waste it on a job that does nothing but wastes your days and life away, while the owners get rich off your work and refuse to pay you what you are worth.

So now I finally have time to do what I actually want to do instead of listening to and being surrounded by pinheads and assholes.

I feel free again. Something I haven't felt in a really long time.

A lot has changed since we first started QF. In every way. From gaming, to tech, even the general attitudes of people. There's a lot to adjust to and to adapt to. There are too many snowflakes out there and that attitude is spreading into other facets of life. For example, the hosting service we've been using for 10 years have changed their policies to appease the snowflakes and overly sensitive populace. Content found on this forum now technically falls under their anti-mature/anti-obscene and harassing material policies. So it means we eventually have to find a new host. One that has freedom to be ourselves without censorship or fear of punishment.

The changes to gaming, technology, and the online world need to be addressed as well. We need to find out what our members like. It was easier back then, we all had a common connection with just one or two games. Now with the thousands of games available and multiple platforms of use, that connection has diverged into endless paths. Both Mary and I fell out of the loop. We fell behind on tech. Right now, I'm using the exact same computer that I had when I first started QF nearly 10 years ago. It's outdated. Slow, and cant even play games that were released 5 years ago. But all of that is going to change, we are going to modernize and get current once again. And I hope this also transfers to QF as well.

Get ready to be triggered in your safe space bitch!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:32 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Well congrats on getting to actually have a life now. I haven't upgraded my computer in over 10 years either. Matter of fact, we actually tore down our "office" to paint the walls pink and add a crib. I will let you figure that out. But, since tearing it all down, I decided to put the computer in storage. Thanks to the advancement of phones and tablets, I rarely got on the damn thing.

I think the first step in trying to find out what QF is going to hold in the future is trying to get everyone active again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:32 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

~QF~Chips wrote:
Well congrats on getting to actually have a life now. I haven't upgraded my computer in over 10 years either. Matter of fact, we actually tore down our "office" to paint the walls pink and add a crib. I will let you figure that out. But, since tearing it all down, I decided to put the computer in storage. Thanks to the advancement of phones and tablets, I rarely got on the damn thing.

I think the first step in trying to find out what QF is going to hold in the future is trying to get everyone active again.

Ha ha, congrats!

If you want my advice .... don't pack away your computer and dont change your life so much because of the kid, so that it takes away from the fun you used to have. The biggest mistake we made was changing pretty much everything due to kids. Then missing out on the fun we used to have. Parents have this worry of "omg we need to change this, we need to take away that, because omg the baby" etc, but thats a big mistake.

Kids under 5 suck the fun out of your life. And if you have nothing to fall back on, for fun yourselves, you will go insane. From 1 month to 1 year, its easy. The kid is basically a useless lump of meat that eats, sleeps and shits. From 1 year to 2 year, its the aww how cute phase. They do cute and stupid shit but you ignore it because its all cute. From 2 years to 3 years is the headache stage. They start causing trouble and exploring their environment and limits. The word "No" will come out your mouth a lot and expect a lot of crying responses. From 3 to 4 is the hell stage. They are old enough to know better, they will be stubborn, they will be defiant, they will talk back to you, they will be indecisive and they will stress you the fuck out on purpose. They will argue with you and they will know how to push your buttons to piss you off for fun. Expect your wife and you to say "FML, I want to be on a tropical beach right now" a lot during this phase. 4 to 5 is pretty much the same as 3 to 4 except they have a little more intelligence and can communicate a lot more. 5 years of age and beyond they start acting more like a normal person and not like a retard.

So yeah definitely stick to what you were doing to have fun and push harder to have more fun .... because you are going to need it.

Yeah phones and tablets have changed the gaming field a lot. But I still think PCs are the pinnacle of hardcore gamers. Consoles still haven't caught up to PC's and I dont think they will because of PC's adaptability and upgradeability.

Getting everyone active again, I think will be difficult. I think the last ten years has changed many people's mindset to work and work excessively for fear of losing work and income (especially since the crash of 2008-2009). Then they are simply too tired for anything else. It took me years to break that mindset myself. I hope others do too. But its not easy. Especially if everyone is worn out and tired. The second thing is that many who were in QF were single when we first met, and now they have a significant other who has discouraged them from playing or being interested in the things they once were. Many have become seriously whipped by their girlfriends/fiances/wife that they arent allowed to play (or even talk to others they used to). So I don't know if we'll ever get those people back. Which is sad.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:20 pm 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

I'm game, it'll be fun. I hear kids these days are playing Overwatch, personally I've gotten into retro gaming which unfortunately doesn't pose a strong online multiplayer experience like Halo and COD had. However, it is very popular with lets plays.

I'm mostly on a Linux platform, Ubuntu and/or Linux Mint, but I do have my Windows 10 XBOX. I rarely ever play anything on my phone.

Anyway, count me in for whatever you got planned.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:27 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Steam ID: qfcypher
PSN ID: Azmodi
Holy fuck....
you mean you and Mary are back, well about fucking time y'all.
Missed you guys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:44 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

~QF~Azmodi wrote:
Holy fuck....
Missed you guys

Yup. I'm doing some reno/upgrades to the house and I'm trying to finish before it gets super cold in the next two to three weeks. So I'm rushing to finish.

Then I'll have to setup the new machines and transfer 10 years of data shit from the old machines to the new ones. Then the fun begins :yeah:

I just dont know how to get the pussy-whipped QF'ers back to the forums and gaming. LOL Some have become super pussy-whipped in the last decade. :rofl1: And some have vanished completely. ~QF~Flamer (Ian) has vanished. He went to school with ~QF~Twisted and grew up in the same town. ~QF~Twisted has no clue what happened to him. After they went to college Flamer went poof and no one has heard from him since (or even knows what the fuck happened to him).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Steam ID: qfcypher
PSN ID: Azmodi
=QF=Maniac wrote:
~QF~Azmodi wrote:
Holy fuck....
Missed you guys

Yup. I'm doing some reno/upgrades to the house and I'm trying to finish before it gets super cold in the next two to three weeks. So I'm rushing to finish.

Then I'll have to setup the new machines and transfer 10 years of data shit from the old machines to the new ones. Then the fun begins :yeah:

I just dont know how to get the pussy-whipped QF'ers back to the forums and gaming. LOL Some have become super pussy-whipped in the last decade. :rofl1: And some have vanished completely. ~QF~Flamer (Ian) has vanished. He went to school with ~QF~Twisted and grew up in the same town. ~QF~Twisted has no clue what happened to him. After they went to college Flamer went poof and no one has heard from him since (or even knows what the fuck happened to him).

Be careful rushing to finish any house renos. At least when I do I end up having to go back over the shit twice. :bangin1:

You can spend the same money now days and get just as good of a rig. Top of the line shit is awesome but for about 600 to 800 the machines will work for now days games.

Ive been wondering the same thing. There is no one here that much as a matter of fact I check about once a week or so to see who came by