All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: How are you guys?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:27 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Xfire ID: qfposeidon
Steam ID: kennymcg1995
Xbox ID: kennymcg1995
It's been awhile. My password took me a few tries before I got it lol. I felt really bad for my total neglect, but I've noticed I'm not the only one. We need to find a new game, it looks like. I think we're getting close to the end of Halo, sadly.

So what have you all been up to? What games have you been playing? I bought Fallout: New Vegas during the Steam summer sale, and I've modded the shit out of it. I've had it for my Xbox since shortly after release, but I figured $10 was worth the fun I have with new mods. I played a shitload of Skyrim, but after 200+ hours I'm a bit burnt out on it. I did not like the first hour of the Dawnguard DLC that I played, so that didn't rekindle any interest in the game.

I bought a PS3, and I've played through the entire Uncharted series as well as the inFamous games. They were both pretty cool. I bought the Jak and Daxter Collection at Gamestop and it's phenomenal. I loved the Jak games when I played them on my PS2 when I was like 7, and I still love them now.

I really have barely played my Xbox since Mass Effect 3 (which I loved, and I was not disappointed with the ending). I bought Dante's Inferno and Alan Wake used for like $12 each. Dante's Inferno is pretty cool, but I get tired of hack-n-slash games like that pretty quickly. I'm not a fan of Alan Wake so far.

I've got the limited edition of Halo 4 on preorder, so I'm super excited for that. Everything I've seen leads me to believe it should be a great game, assuming it isn't way over-hyped. I've got my fingers crossed. Assassin's Creed III is shaping up to be the best in an amazing game series, and I really hope I can scrounge up money to buy that come October. Then there's Dishonored, which sadly comes out within a week of AC3. When it was first announced, I was unimpressed and uninterested. Bethesda attempt with RAGE turned out to be an over-hyped piece of same-old-same-old. I figured Dishonored would end up down the same path. However, with the new stuff they've released since E3, my excitement in the game has been steadily building. If the devs succeed in their goal, this game could be what Deus Ex: Human Revolution tried to be, without the poorly-placed bosses and disappointing end.

Outside of gaming, most of my time is spent either at school or with my girlfriend. I started my junior year of high school last week. It's no different than any other year, really. My high school has <200 kids and like 12 teachers, so it's not like I'm meeting anybody new. I'm taking pre-calculus and trig (all one class), and I enjoy it so far. I'm taking a Web Design class, which just teaches us HTML basically. I figured I'd be in it with a bunch of nerdy, computer-savvy people. Nope. As of right now, everybody else in the class is on Chapter 2 or 3. I'm ready for Chapter 7. It's ridiculously easy shit, but apparently none of the kids in this class have touched a keyboard before. Oh well, small-town living.

I sincerely hate high school. It's not waking up and going, it's not classes, it's not shit like that. I hate the fact that our school centers around everything but actual SCHOOL. Everybody, including most of the faculty and staff, is so much more worried about football games and homecoming than they are about actual education. It pisses me off. I'm in high school to learn what I need to learn to get into a good college and be successful in life. I could not give even ONE fuck to whether or not our tiny little 1A high school football team wins against another tiny little 1A football team. My math teacher, Mr. Murawski, is the best teacher I have ever had. He is far and away the smartest guy in the building. I look forward to pre-calc (which is my hardest class) every day because I actually LEARN things. I want to major in Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois. To do that, I need calculus and a 30+ on my ACT, not football or homecoming.

The only thing that makes me even tolerate high school anymore is my girlfriend. We've been together for almost 3 years now, which is pretty cool. She's really awesome. She's pretty, she's funny, she's smart; and above all she isn't a psychopathic bitch. The only bad part about her is she's the only reason I would even think about going to homecoming/prom. I really hate that kind of shit.

Alright, well that's enough about me! How are all of you? I missed all of this, when the forums were active. It's funny looking back at my early posts and feeling so stupid and embarrassed by some of the stuff I said. I've grown up a lot in the last few years.

Post subject: Re: How are you guys?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 pm 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

Xfire ID: Angmar17
Wow...that was an impressive post...

Sadly...most of QF is all but gone...no disrespect to my great friends...

I really hate that you invested all that money in consoles.
An Xbox, A PS3...thats one hell of a PC you could have built.

High school sucks...college probably will as well...but after it's all
said and done, at least you wont be at AutoZone making 8 bucks an hour...
So, suck it up, study hard, enjoy your girlfriend...she must still be hot after 3 years...
I can understand that...been married 16 years and my wife is still sexy as hell...

Oh....I play BF3....damn good game!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:47 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Xfire ID: Doofus77
Steam ID: QFManiac
PSN ID: None
Xbox ID: None
If you think high school is bad, just wait until you are older and at work. Its a thousand times worse.

Mary and I are good. She's gonna give birth to a baby QF'er within 3 weeks or so, maybe sooner. Hopefully she doesnt grow up to be a shithead, or a douche-hack. :rofl1:

I spend most of the days stressing, working, stressing some more, working, then vomiting.

Angmar wrote:
Sadly...most of QF is all but gone...no disrespect to my great friends...

The fuckers are online, a lot, on stupid shit like facefuckbook, and twatter. But I think a lot have burnt out with the multitude of games available and the shittiness of how they are nowadays.

Mary and I got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in hopes of catching up to the story and the anticipation of Modern Warfare 4 coming out in the fall.

Single player is good but its short as hell. Two nights of playing and its done .... that really blows. Multiplayer .... it'd be better if they got rid of all the console like shit of it, and automatically enable the server browser, etc. I want more than 18 players on a server, especially when the maps are fucking big ... I dont want to spend more time running around than shooting. And too many douches have really stupid servers like "Sniper only" or "Crouch only", or some other fucking stupid ass rule. Fuck off, just play the damn game and blast people away.

So I always end up playing COD4 in 50+ player server. The only unbearable part in playing old games is that douche-hacks ruin the fucking game.

Get ready to be triggered in your safe space bitch!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:03 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Xfire ID: qfposeidon
Steam ID: kennymcg1995
Xbox ID: kennymcg1995
Angmar- Poor wording on my part, the PS3 was actually a gift lol. I didn't pay a dime for it. All the game's I've bought for it have been used, all but two of them under $20. And I know many of you are used to PC superiority, but anymore that's starting to change, not in a good way either.
There are a lot of console-exclusive titles that are really great games, like Uncharted or newer Halo games. It really sucks that they're exclusive, but that's never going to change. Did I want a PS3 just for a few exclusives? No, but it gets the rest of my family to stay the fuck off my Xbox when they want to watch Netflix lol.
Another shitty thing I've noticed happening a ton is that when games DO finally come to PC, they're just shitty console ports. Example: I bought The Force Unleashed forever ago for my Xbox. I thought it was pretty cool. Well, they released a version on Steam that had all the DLC, etc. My dad wanted to play it, but can't figure out console controls, so he bought it from the Steam summer sale. I heard the PC version was a terrible port, but Christ, the game's almost unplayable. You know when you jump in most games, you press the spacebar and sometimes hold it for a longer jump? In TFU for PC, the jump doesn't begin until you release the spacebar, fucking up years of reflexes and timing for me. The worst part is, it isn't a bad game.

Anyway, thanks for the advice man. I do my best. I'm hoping for valedictorian when I graduate, so I definitely do my share of studying lol.

Maniac- I DARE you to try playing that game on an Xbox. I was never too bad at CoD4, I was okay at MW2, but I cannot play MW3 online. I swear, they get worse at making maps as they go. Highest life expectancy in that game is probably like 12.5 seconds. It's also great they the popularity of CoD has started this 5-hour campaign fad. I really try to do my research now; no fucking way am I paying another $60 for a game that has a <8 hour campaign just so that I can dick around in some fucked up camp-fest online server.

On a side note, anyone try Max Payne 3? I LOVED it! The campaign really grabbed me. It's about 10 hours give or take, but I really think it was worth it. It has a good amount of replayability because the missions are just fun as hell. The gunplay is so satisfying. Haven't touched the online, so I can't vouch for that.

Edit: Shit Maniac, I almost forgot! You and Mary are having a kid!? That's awesome! Congratulations! Shit, it's been too long since I've been on here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Xfire ID: Doofus77
Steam ID: QFManiac
PSN ID: None
Xbox ID: None
~QF~Poseidon wrote:
Edit: Shit Maniac, I almost forgot! You and Mary are having a kid!? That's awesome! Congratulations! Shit, it's been too long since I've been on here.

Yeah, it isnt going as smoothly as we'd like though. Lots of unknowns until she's born (which is roughly 2 to 3 weeks away, if not sooner). But she'll definitely need open heart surgery, and thats the least of our concerns too. So we're hoping for the best.

Get ready to be triggered in your safe space bitch!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:36 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Maniac, my wife does high-risk OB sonography full time at a maternal fetal clinic here in Wichita. After hearing the stories of babies she has scanned for the past 5 years, I really feel for you guys. Best thing is to keep your head up and hope for the best. I am not sure of the circumstances, nor the actual issues at hand, but I'll definitely be thinking of you guys and wishing you the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw_dvZU_i-8

if we all get in and play something again, it should be this. like borderlands and battelfield.

fps shooter with helicopters (that you can actually control) cars, explosions. its pretty badass.

QF NEEDS TO COME BACK. i miss you guys and i got my steam back...so i can play some games. :(

we need to make a nudie calender to get everyones spirits up. i think killy should be the centerfold.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:45 am 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

That doesnt look to bad, really...borderlands was fun, although the multi
was crap...

Well...I have no desire to see Killy in a thong...I think
I threw up in mouth a bit with the thought,,,,

But, I would like to see more of these guys....in BF3!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:00 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Xfire ID: SirJabbok
Steam ID: SirJabbok
Speaking of borderlands, the second one will be out soon :yeah:

But yeah. I haven't been real busy but I haven't been playing much of anything. Haven't even hopped on bf3 in a while.

Still prefer PC over consoles. Most likely won't be getting blackops2. Looking forward to nintendo's new console although I won't be getting one at launch (still have hope that it'll be renamed)

I've got a few days off towards the end of next week and weekend so I'll be online if anyone wants to play something. (I might have to redownload it though lol)

Maniac, hang in there man!

P.S. I've fucking missed killing you noobs :saw:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:19 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

just how many play bf3... i am thinking about getting it. Call of Duty seems to be going nowhere anymore, it is not fun to play on any of the servers , to many cry babies any more.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:37 pm 
Allied Clan Member
Allied Clan Member

~QF~USMC wrote:
just how many play bf3... i am thinking about getting it. Call of Duty seems to be going nowhere anymore, it is not fun to play on any of the servers , to many cry babies any more.

I think i'm one of the few here that play....but that's all i play now. It's an impressive game, really.
A few from sF play and the occasional FC hopping in.

I'm a fanboy...it's good, really good.
If you get it be sure and let me know...I'll add you and we can play some rounds.

If you get it, download Origin and buy it from there. Be sure it has all the DLC's, though.

Just make sure your computer can run it...it's a bit demanding.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:33 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Xfire ID: dukerussell
PSN ID: Duke_Russell
I couldn't take the shotgun snipers in MW3 so i got bf3. fun game, single player was mostly retarded so much so that i don't remember any of it two weeks later. mp seems to lack that skinner box style we've all grown to love, fps is dead. i'm bored.